The NHS can provide free, non-emergency transport to certain patients who are eligible, i.e. there must be a real medical need and / or severe mobility issues.
To make a request for transport:
- Call The Patient Transport Clinical Assessment and Advice Service on 0333 240 4100
- Please have your NHS number, details of your GP surgery and hospital clinic and appointment details to hand
- You will be asked some questions to verify that you are eligible
- If you are not eligible for transport you will be offered advice on alternative options
- You can make a booking at any time between 48 hours and two weeks in advance of your appointment
Community Transport from Norfolk County Council
As an alternative, community transport schemes pick you up at your house, or the nearest safest place and provide a door-to-door service.
For more information on services available in your area please click here.
West Norfolk Community Transport
West Norfolk Community Transport (WNCT) provide a service to help patients in West Norfolk attend medical appointments.
WNCT provides a wide range of community transport services to those without access to other forms of transport, such as those with impaired mobility, young people, the elderly and the rurally isolated.
The service tries to provide as many same-day requests as possible, from both patients and directly from the surgery involved. Within Kings Lynn the charge is £2 each way for people with a concessionary bus pass or £2.50 without.
Anyone needing more information about West Norfolk Community Transport should telephone 01553 776971 or by email enquiries [at] wnct.co.uk