West Norfolk CCG works closely with other service providers in West Norfolk so we can make sure that you have access to the services you need. One such partner agency is Norfolk County Council Social Services.
Norfolk County Council, alongside other organisations, helps adults in West Norfolk who are older or have disabilities including learning disabilities or illnesses, to live as full and independent lives as possible.
They provide Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and assistant staff across West Norfolk whose roles are to work with individuals and understand what help they need the most.
The Adult Care website can assist you in a number of ways including
- applying online for a Blue Badge
- managing your money
- finding the support you are entitled to as a Carer
- helping you to stay safe and independent.
The help provided by the Council includes:
- care and support to help people manage their everyday life
- support in considering residential care
- housing adaptations for disabled
- providing equipment to help disabled people to be more independent, or to make care easier.
- Norfolk First Response - to help with planned and unplanned needs for a short time
- supporting patients who are coming home from hospital
For more information about the services offered by Norfolk County Council visit their website or telephone 0344 800 8020
Norfolk County Council have produced a booklet full of information about how to get help and support, what kind of services are available and details of other organsiations that can help. It is available free in libraries, GP surgeries and other place across Norfolk and can also be accessed here; 'Your guide to care and support for adults'